USE YOUR OWN HARDWARE & CONNECTIVITY WITH OUR FREE DIGITAL SIGNAGE SOFTWARE. INEXPENSIVE & EASY ...
A. DIGITAL SIGNAGE HARDWARE
The digital signage system has 3 hardware "parts". All are off-the-shelf (i.e.. they are not specialized hardware, and are available from almost any PC store) and are therefore inexpensive. An existing (spare) PC & monitor may be fine. (Also see How it works for a brief explanation).
- MANAGER PC - This is the PC you use this to define what content you want to be displayed on the various monitors.It has our Manager Digital Signage Software installed on it.
- PLAYER PC - This PC store the "instructions" sent to it from the Manager PC and displays the content on the various monitors attached to it. You can have 1 monitor or many attached to each Player PC. You can have 1 Player PC or many Player PC's. Each Player PC has our Player Digital Signage Software installed on it.
- MONITOR/ DISPLAY - LED, LCD or Plasma monitors that are attached to the Player PC.
- For more details on hardware specifications & connectivity please download the System Overview, Hardware Specifications & Connectivity Manual
B. DIGITAL SIGNAGE CONNECTIVITY
Whether you want to manage monitors in the same room as that in which the Manager PC is located, or on the other side of the world, our digital signage software makes it easy and free. There are NO server costs. A summary follows.
1. Local Content Management
If the manager PC is located in the same building or room as the monitors that will be displaying the content, Digital Recall digital signage software (including the free digital signage software) enables you to use your own LAN connection (or wireless) to provide the "bridge" between your Manager PC and the the monitors (that are connected to the Player PC's) simply by using a shared folder. It's free and easy to set up and is explained in the User Manuals (available when you download the free software and from the Information Centre below).
Want to use one PC as both manager & Player PC? If you want to use the same PC as both Manager & Player, that too is simple and is explained in the User Manuals.
2. Remote Content Management
If you want to manage the content displayed on the monitors from across town (or from the other side of the world), Digital Recall digital signage software (including the free digital signage software) enables you to use the free connectivity provided by your regular Internet Service Provider simply by using an FTP folder. It's free and easy to set up and is explained in the User Manuals (available when you download the free software and from the Information Centre below).
3. Connectivity Between The Player PC and the Monitors
The type of connection between the Player PC and the monitors is determined by factors such as: The distance of the monitors from the Player PC; The specifications of the Player PC and Site specific considerations. It's not difficult. For more details please download the System Overview, Hardware Specification & Connectivity Manual.
Get Started - Download the Free Digital Signage Software