DIGITAL RECALL CLOUD VIDEO WALL
Video Wall … WOW!
A video wall consists of many monitors placed contiguously or overlapped in order to form one large screen. Video Walls are fully supported within the Digital Recall Cloud platform.
You have two options when creating a large scale video wall.
OPTION 1: Buy Your Own High End PC & Video Card with Multi Video-Outs
If you need 3 or 4 screens powered by a single computer you should use a high end computer and with a high end video card such as the AMD Radeon HD 5870 (Note: We do not endorse or warrant any product – it's provided just as an example).
Each screen division can be a maximum of 4096 width x 4096 height. Note that image rendering must be processed internally using the CPU and video card - You will therefore need a high end PC with a strong processor like the Intel i7 or higher and a high end video card. You are also limited by the number of screens you have connected. Benefits include low cost and the flexibility to choose any screen you want. Remember that driving this many monitors also causes heat – your PC must be able to handle this or it will freeze…
You can mix screen sizes and the overall configuration is very flexible. Split the screen into any number of screen divisions or create a single screen division that spreads across multiple screens (max: 4096x4096).
- Pick any hardware screen type / vendor
- Mix screen sizes and resolutions
Only a single hardware device to manage
- Processing is done by the CPU / video card and may lag if insufficient power
- Multi-screen configuration sometimes buggy with some video card vendors
- Limited support from video card vendors
OPTION 2: Professional Video Wall Daisy Chain
The preferred method to building a reliable video wall is to choose a professional video wall supplier such as NEC. The solution should include a daisy chain module that will facilitate "linking" the monitors together so that the image across all is crisp and clear. Note that we do not endorse or warrant their product. We use them as an example.
- Run as many screens as you want
- Drive content across multiple displays
- Reliable and easy to install
- Multi-screen processing is done by external DVI chain module
- Can be very expensive.
- Requires specific vendor displays. Price varies.
- Requires compatible hardware such as dual link DVI cords
See our Video Wall Video Tutorial (under the "Advanced" group) on our Tutorials page
Use Digital Recall Cloud Signage Studio to create any layout
Change the content displayed in each screen whenever you want to even mid-presentation.